Team Manager Resources & How/Where Do I?
This is an over-arching discussion intended to point Team Managers in the right direction to find what they need to organize your season.
Most of the information in this section can be accessed using the links or you will be told to go to a particular Item under Resources-For Managers, Resources-For Parents, Resources-For Coaches, Organization, or told who to contact. Some of this info is a work in progress (transferring & updating) so status is included below.
- Coach, Manager, On Ice Helper & Locker Room Attendant Registration & Training Requirements and Information: see page under RESOURCES - For Coaches
a. Student Coach Info: see page under RESOURCES - For Coaches
- Referee Evaluation/Feedback Information: see RIHOA website (Travel & Girls) or EAHC website under FORMS tab
- Penalty Tutorial page on USA Hockey Penalty Rules, WNYAHL & EAHC League Penalty Rules (includes 2017-18 Playing Rule Changes Summary): TBD - work in progress
a. Medical History & Consent to Treat Form contact firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Code of Conduct Form contact email@example.com
c. USA Hockey Insurance Forms contact firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Application for USA Hockey Player Awards contact email@example.com
- Tournament Info: see page under RESOURCES-For Managers - as Tournament Info is received, it will be added.
- Travel Permits to travel to Canada for a Tournament, single game or weekend of games: see page under RESOURCES-For Managers
- Concussion & Safety Information: see page under RESOURCES - For Parents
NOTE: includes 2019-2020 SafeSport Changes Letters & Documents
- Managers Book - set of documents that can be printed along with hints and tips
a. TEAM MANAGER Duties Document:
b. WYHA Contact List: see Board and Officers List under ORGANIZATION
c. WYHA Incident/Injury Report Form & Procedures: see page under RESOURCES-For Managers
d. DUNHAM Coach Sportsmanship Award Nomination Form - TBD
e. Lintala Player Award Sportmanship Nomination Form - TBD
f. Score Clock Instructions:
g. Locker Room Supervision and Cell phone Electronic Device Policy:
WYHA mandates all Teams have a Locker Room Attendant who is responsible for securing the locker room, enforcing (with coaches/mgr) the ban on use of photographic/video in locker rooms and supervising players when Coaches are NOT in the Locker Room.
h. Team Treasurer Guidelines & Team Fiances Template: see page under RESOURCES-For Managers
i. Ice Scheduling Policy & Instructions: see page under RESOURCES-For Managers
j. Team Website Tips & Help: see page under RESOURCES-For Managers
k. WYHA Head Coach & Manager List with contact Info: see page under ORGANIZATION
l. EMPIRE Only Docs: Scoresheet Example, Calendar, Guidebook, Forms to be Submitted at the Scheduling Meeting, ...
Go to www.empirehockey.org then click on the DOCUMENTS link on the left hand side
m. Scheduling Meeting Tips:
n. Scoresheet Sticker Example with Tips/Hints:
o. USA Hockey Roster - How Do I Get one and What is it?
- Injured Player or Coach? What needs to be done?
a. Fill out the WYHA Incident Report Form and submit to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org), your Division VP and the Registrar (email@example.com) see page under RESOURCES-For Managers
b. If an Injury claim is to be filed with USA Hockey, consult this USA Hockey web page TO FILE A CLAIM for the steps to follow. Please note that time frames for reporting and filing claims do apply so do NOT delay! The current Insurance Claim Form can be obtained by contacting the WYHA Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org