Payment Plan Info
Payment Plan Info
How do Payment Plans Work?
Payment plans are only available for parents who have a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). When a parent registers their player, the parent will be given the option of Pay in Full or a Payment Plan at the end of the Registration. An initial payment which varies by program is charged to the parents credit card at registration ($150 for Pony & Empire RWB, $250-$600 for other programs depending on the date of registration, the earlier the registration, the less the initial payment is) - the initial payment and monthly charges will be shown on the payment page. Then each month on the 30th an automatic charge is made to the credit card given as part of registration until the full fee is paid. Provided the credit card has an adequate credit limit and the credit card remains active, the parent should not have to do anything after completing the initial registration.
Payment Plan Additional Costs
The costs for payment plan processing have already been factored into the WYHA fees. Families electing to PAY IN FULL at the time of registration will have their fees reduced by $25 which reflects the additional costs of the Payment Plan processing imposes on WYHA (most other orgs add a 3-4% fee so our provider's charge is in line or less for this service).
Payment Plan Example
For Example, for a fee of $1250. (note fees vary per program, discounts applied and registration date so the monthly charges will vary based on your child's fee - your exact monthly charges are shown on the payment page)
1st payment is $250 due at registration, remainder owed is $1000
2nd payment on 7/30 is $1000/5 = $200, remainder owed is $800.00
3rd payment on 8/30 is $1000/5 = $200, remainder owed is $600.00
4th payment on 9/30 is $1000/5 = $200, remainder owed is $400.00
5th payment on 10/30 is $1000/5 = $200, remainder owed is $200.00
6th payment on 11/30 is $1000/5 = $200, remainder owed is $ 0.00
NOTE: Players who are registered in the second half of July will make one payment in July at registration, then will have 4 payments on 8/30, 9/30,10/30 and 11/30.
The WYHA Policy on payment is all payments are complete by 11/30.
Payment Plan Additional Information
- Beginner Sessions will not be eligible for payment plans as the amount owed is too small & fees for processing high.
- Midget Travel Payments will end on 9/30 and only the initial payment and 3 monthly payments will be collected as the Midget Travel season ends in late October/early November. This will be shown on the Shopping Cart page.
- Families who did not pay the $150 deposit (Empire House/RWB/Travel/Girls) at Tryouts or Evals will have to pay the $150 at registration by credit card or offline by check– this amount is not eligible for a payment plan.
- Families with multiple children on payment plans will see multiple credit card charges every month - one per child. Families may elect to pay for each child with a different method (off-line by check, online in full by credit card, or payment plan).
- The dates of payments are set for the organization and can’t be changed for individual families.
- If the child is not registered until 7/31, then the 1st two payments (initial and July 30 payment) will be due on 7/31 so in the above example $250 plus $200 (total: $450) would be owed at registration.
Can a webmaster change the amount of money a person owes after they register for a payment plan?
Yes. The webmaster can request Crossbar change the dates of payments or cancel all future payment plans in any order that has a payment plan, but can’t change the amount owed. Also, ALL payments MUST be complete by 11/30. When a person registers for a payment plan they're entering into a payment agreement. In the case that a parent requests that we cancel future payments in the plan, the remaining balance would be due immediately or the child will be removed from the ice. NOTE: Once the parent selects this option and completes the registration, WYHA is charged the payment plan fees so if the parent elects to pay in full later on we can not add the pay in full credit.
What happens when a payment fails to process?
The registrant who has an email address attached to the registration will be emailed. If the registrant fails to deal with the situation in a timely fashion, then the payment plan will be cancelled and any remaining balance due immediately. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for processes to follow if the registrant wishes to pay the balance in full.
What if one parent is paying half and another parent is paying half or there are other special family circumstances?
This situation would not be eligible for a payment plan but WYHA will work with the parents to figure out how to make split payments happen. Offline split payments will require both parents to sign a payment agreement and parents must have a history of paying on time. As an organization run by volunteers, WYHA will not spend time chasing parents for payment. Contact email@example.com
Will electing to pay by Payment Plan affect my eligibility for other discounts (early registration, family discount)?
Parents electing the Payment Plan are fully eligible for all discounts except the Pay In Full Discount. All applicable discounts are applied to the published fee, and then the payment page will show the fees (with all discounts applied) and the payment plan charges (initial & monthly). We expect most parents who want a Payment Plan to sign up by 6/30 making them eligible for the Early Registration Discount.